Firstly the obvious choices in a seaside resort:
- Have a sandcastle competition – Bridlington’s award winning North and South beaches offer miles of golden sand with shallow water for paddling
- Rockpooling – grab a bucket and a net and go hunting in the rock pools around the base of the promenades – just after high tide is the best time so visit www.tidetimes.org.uk for more information
- Bridlington South Promenade Kiddies Corner – rides, slides and other games
- Bridlington Harbour Spy Mystery Trail – download and print kids treasure trail maps from www.treasuretrails.co.uk - they’ll love competing to find the clues on buildings in and around the town
- Flamborough Head – watch the emergency services practising their clifftop rescues, watch seals swimming just off the shore, or take a tour of the lighthouse for just £10.50 for a family ticket.
- If the weather isn’t so great…
- Pot-a-doodle Doo – Prospect Street, Bridlington
- Paint your own pottery and craft studio, with onsite café, toilets, and baby facilities
- Bridlington Sports Centre – go swimming in the Olympic size swimming pool, recently built to provide the town’s swimming facilities while Leisure World is undergoing redevelopment
- Bridlington Bird of Prey & Animal Park – Family run attraction with daily activities including pig racing, flying displays, and small animal holding. Winners of a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014
Ever considered buying your very own holiday home on the Yorkshire Coast? Visit our new website yorkshirecoastholidaychalets.co.uk for details on our wide range of holiday chalets for sale – with prices from £9,000 to £39,995 you’re sure to find something to suit your budget!